Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
7-14 what's your thoughts?
3 months ago

I wonder what peoples thoughts are on this lens? It seems the only option if you want a 14mm lens is to buy a 14mm lens this is the only option. As a day to day lens it would cover just about everything, but its price is rather excessive and more so than the equivalent lens for an APS-C camera.

I've been thinking, that while it's nice to have one camera body to cover everything, in order to go wider than what I already am and for those times you want to capture cinematic video, or ultra wide landscapes I may well be better off with a second body.

That's the catch though, every time I've had two camera bodies whether it's a Canon 650D which my dad still has, or whether it's having my LX7 alongside my E-PL5, it doesn't really matter, I end up with a situation where one camera falls into disuse.

So I have a bit of conundrum right now.... Do I consider a second body and thus cheaper lenses, or do I opt for spending probably over $1000 when the Olympus 7-14 F/2.8 is launched?

I could go either way, it's just that there isn't much in the way of ultra wide lenses yet and no, a fish eye is not the answer.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow