Panasonic GH4 UHS 3 Sandisk Card Performance?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nologo
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Panasonic GH4 UHS 3 Sandisk Card Performance?
5 months ago

So I just got the Panasonic GH4 as well as a 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro rated at 280MB/s (has the UHS Class 3 Logo on it). Was surprised that this card seems to make no difference in performance compared to the older generation 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s cards. By this I mean I can shoot 4K 24 and 30fps at 100mbps, 1080P60 at 200mbps, and shoot 12fps bursts all with the exact same results between the two cards.

Both cards can handle any video setting I can select in the GH4 without issues. Moreover, both cards clear their buffers fully at the exact same time with stills. I timed how long the camera took to clear a full burst of raw images, as well as raw+jpeg images, with manual focus on, on a tripod, with locked settings in full manual (exposure settings were all the same). The timings are pretty much identical. I did buy both cards from a reputable dealer.

Has anyone been getting faster performance out of the UHS Class 3 speed cards compared to the previous generation?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow