Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
Dandrewk
Contributing MemberPosts: 751Gear list
Like?
Re: E-mount and the Other San Francisco
In reply to David Wyman, 7 months ago

David Wyman wrote:

silps wrote:

Great shots, really gives me a feel for the city. Those characters in the second shot look a bit dubious, how did you get away with taking that candid shot?

Thanks for the nice words. They were a friendly group. I tried a technique I like for candids I have time. I just stay in one spot, and after I while I become invisible to people. Then I can make all the photos I want.

That's something I love doing, and it works great.

I am blessed to live in an area (San Francisco) so rich in street photography options.  Besides being a magnet for, um, "unusual" characters, it's also a prime destination for tourists from all over the world. Thus, I can park myself in favorite spots - Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Union Square, Powell St. cable car turnaround, etc., and eventually disappear.  I can even sit there with my FE 70-200 (impossible to hide), not get noticed, and get all sorts of candid close-ups.

For proof, look at your photos.

And best yet, it's tourist season again!  

Dandrewk's gear list:Dandrewk's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow