forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,596
Like?
Thank you
In reply to sidebyside, 5 months ago

sidebyside wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

David Wyman wrote:

Here are some images from the last 24 hours in San Francisco. I used my A6000 for a few shots, and my NEX-7 for the rest. My lenses choice: 10-18mm and 55-210. I rarely use lenses in the "normal" range, zoom or prime, although I have them. I prefer rhe world through a wide or tele lens.

Maybe you should, because framing on those pictures isn't great.

Critique if you must, but there's no need to be rude. Also, I just looked at your gallery and rather than being rude myself, I'll say nothing else.

That reply is so rich. So much wrong in just two sentences. Let's analyse it.

The post replies to the statement of fact I made, whether it was right or wrong it could be argued, but the "sidebyside" decided to take an offense instead. Fine. I've been lucky to live in a free society that values the freedom of speech, and I would stand with you defending your right to make any outrageous statements. Some people like to police the forum, or bully others into silence, -- I have no respect for them.

Next, the "sidebyside" commits two logical fallacies (unfortunately common in this forum). Number one. He looked at my gallery and apparently didn't like it. So what? -- You may say. He doesn't know the reasons this or that picture is there, and I didn't ask him for his feedback. So every reasonable individual would conclude that I couldn't care less what he had to say, and the reasonable individual would be right.

Logical fallacy #2. "sidebyside" decided to attack the messenger and not the message: a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Even if I were proven to be the worst photographer in the world of all times and ages, "sidebyside's" reply would still be nonsensical.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow