D700 - Why Auto ISO won't use shutter speed from Flash Sync Speed?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
madeinlisboa
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Re: D700 - Why Auto ISO won't use shutter speed from Flash Sync Speed?
In reply to T O Shooter, 4 months ago

T O Shooter wrote:

Here's what I found on my D700. If I set the minimum shutter speed lower than 1/60 sec, say for example 1/30 and pop the flash the speed will go up to 1/60 sec, the maximum flash shutter speed that you can select on the D700 and to what I have it set on now. This is in A mode. In M or S the shutter speed does not change when the flash is popped. To use the maximum flash sync speed then I have to manual select what speed I want above 1/60 sec. This is probably what you're experiencing??

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

Thank you. Yes, that's what I'm experiencing. Well, manually selecting the shutter speed defeats the purpose of auto-iso. I need a fixed aperture, and i was counting on the auto-iso to select a fast enough shutter speed for some situations. Unfortunately, and contrary to the manual, it won't select it.
I also have a D7100, and it selects whether the Maximum flash sync speed or the auto-iso speed limit, but never the maximum flash shutter speed. The behavior is not exactly as indicated in its manual, but at least I've got the shutter speed i need.

I'll probably post this problem in Nikon support center.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow