D700 - Why Auto ISO won't use shutter speed from Flash Sync Speed?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,749Gear list
Like?
Re: D700 - Why Auto ISO won't use shutter speed from Flash Sync Speed?
In reply to T O Shooter, 3 months ago

T O Shooter wrote:

madeinlisboa wrote:

Please, can you help me? I own a D700 and when use it with a flash under low light, the shutter speed won't go above the Minimum shutter speed, but according to page 109 of the manual "...when flash is used, the camera uses the shutter speed selected for Custom Setting e1 (Flash sync Speed, pg 305) in place of the value selected for Minimum shutter speed."

Thank you

I don't know why it's not working, so no help there, but as a workaround why not just bump minimum shutter speed? You can set it as an item in My Menu and acess it quickly by assigning My Menu to the function button, You may even be able to assign it directly to a button.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

Here's what I found on my D700.  If I set the minimum shutter speed lower than 1/60 sec, say for example 1/30 and pop the flash the speed will go up to 1/60 sec, the maximum flash shutter speed that you can select on the D700 and to what I have it set on now. This is in A mode.  In M or S the shutter speed does not change when the flash is popped. To use the maximum flash sync speed then I have to manual select what speed I want above 1/60 sec. This is probably what you're experiencing??

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow