Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lisetta
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
SX260 v HS330 v S110...or...?
4 months ago

I have a bridge cam and a $60 Fuji pocket cam with AA batteries, but feel like a better pocket camera would be nice. (Price does matter, though. I'd like under $200, mid $200's top; so the S120 is out of the question.).

Reading through the threads, it seems people are very positive about the HS330 (much more than HS340 due to sensor/lens). I want best IQ of course within price range, and I like a lot of zoom, but am willing to compromise if IQ/low light/macro/price balance it out.

I've kind of narrowed it down, but it's odd how some of the newer Canon pocket models are cheaper than the older ones:

SX260 ($209) v. SX280 ($179) - both 20x zoom

HS330 ($219) v. HS 340 ($179) -- both 10x zoom

S110 ($249) -- 5x zoom so is the IQ that much better than the cheaper ones above? (The S120 is out of my price range at $449--and I haven't read anything to believe it's worth the difference.)

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks in advance,

Lisetta

-- hide signature --

Wilde's Law: "When one or more people carry their unresolvable argument into unrelated threads--even using the same pictures over and over to push their point of view--the quality of discussion has deteriorated to a point where even Oscar Wilde himself couldn't save it."

Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S120
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow