Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edform
Contributing MemberPosts: 901Gear list
Like?
Photo Processing in Linux
6 months ago

For my sins I spent the last few years of my career looking after various business computer systems and now, in retirement, I still look after one. Cut a long story short, I just crawled out from under a very serious malware infection scenario which has left me spitting blood and teeth and cursing Windows to a dark and howling place. I am also determined to move my own computers over to linux - my PC hardware is powerful and recent, so changing into the Apple domain is not an option.

I am not going to linux to get everything for nothing, although a free operating system and a decent suite of Office software for nothing are very welcome, but I'll happily pay for a photo editing package and intend to start with Corel AfterShot Pro which is a development of Biddle and has full RAW handling capability. So some questions...

Is anyone out there is familiar with the package,?

Can the package handle RAW files from my RX10? If not what other software can be recommended to take on that task?

This subject s a bit off-topic here, but I hope some advice will be available.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +1 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow