Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeeStG
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
Need simple p/s for husband who likes printed photos
7 months ago

here's what I need.  This is a man who just upgraded to a flip phone. This was too fancy for him.  No voice mail and god forbid any texting.  He'd throw it out the window.  There are no photos for "facebook" or emailing in this man's near future.......or at all.

I'm the photog in the family but I'm forever being accused of overcomplicating things.  I have to get down to his level.  He still carries a disposable camera with him for whenever he feels the need to take a shot.  Not a lot but he's impatient and prone to taking said crap camera to a CVS or equivalent and having them develop pics.  Now CVS doesn't offer this anymore and I'm seeing a not too distant future scenario of him having a hard time finding places to get this service.

We have a home printer but with color cartridges costing so much, my perfectionist tendencies and his need for the photo now and me not screaming at him to leave me alone, I'll get to it.......I'd like to find the best point/shoot alternative for him.

It has to be simple and I think I can figure out amongst the choices around here of what I can get him.  A view finder would be good as he is used to that but......most are too expensive or too small and he almost never has the reading glasses when he needs them.  He may just get used to the lcd screen.

My question is..........what is the easiest way for him to go from taking the shot to getting some 4 x 6 prints?  When I do pro work or just work for myself, if I get prints, I go thru a professional printing house.  Him, he wants to just get some quick prints and that's it.  I haven't done this in ages.  Can you go to Walgreens. CVS and the like and what.........plug in the memory card and get prints or must you upload all images to a pc and burn a disc?  If I have to I can teach him how to upload to his laptop and burn a cd but even that sounds easier than it's going to be.

How do people who aren't photographers or photography "buffs" take photos now and get them printed, the easier the better?

I can see him driving me mental in the near future and with Father's Day coming up I'd like to find the easiest "modern" (for him) solution to ........... this "I just want a damn photo printed" problem.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow