I like my G1X Mark II alot, but I have to admit that the RX100M2 IQ is at least as good...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Feudal1
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
I like my G1X Mark II alot, but I have to admit that the RX100M2 IQ is at least as good...
7 months ago

I posted some photos taken with the Canon G1X Mark II from Maryland's Eastern Shore in another thread in this forum.  On my way down, I stopped at a Best Buy and picked up a Sony RX100M2, just to have a compact zoom lens camera that would fit in my pocket as a companion to my G1X Mark II (which is too large to fit in a pocket, of course).  I must admit, examining the image files generated by both of similar scenes, there isn't much difference between the two.  They both do a really good job, and both have similar image quality in most situations that I shot in.  Note that I did not do a controlled comparison between the two, as that wasn't my goal - just sharing my impressions.  I'll post a few more shots of similar scenes taken with the two.  I'm not going to post 100% crops, because that's been done already.  In my own shots, viewing at 100%, the RX100M2 is a little less sharp and defined (as would be expected), but otherwise, they look close to the same.

Sony RX100M2

Canon G1X Mark II

Sony RX100M2

Canon G1X Mark II

Feudal1's gear list:Feudal1's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X100T Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow