Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
roundball
Contributing MemberPosts: 807
Like?
Buyer Beware - Bait & Switch
2 months ago

This is a "buyer beware" post and if it's not something that's done here, Moderators please feel free to delete it of course.

Seller = TheEstoreOnline

Several days ago I Googled Sony Travel Charger and this seller popped up as having them in stock, price was around $26, I went to the site, placed the order, the transaction system accepted the order and all seemed to be normal.

Next day I get a phone call from them, which can only be described as a high pressure sales call to sell me something else.
Said they were out of stock on the Sony charger, no idea if / when they'd be getting any, but had an even better one for the same money, 5 year warranty, etc.
After discussing it briefly, and knowing I wanted to try a travel charger with the car charger feature, I took him at his word, and agreed to the substitute.
Turns out that the charger has Vivitar's label on it, and while I have no issues with the Vivitar labeled charger, they only cost $12...not $26.

As far as I'm concerned "TheEstoreOnline" outfit pulled a classic "Bait & Switch" scam on me.
Emailed them and told them so...that I'd never buy from them again...and that I'd be posting this "Bait & Switch" incident on Photography Internet Forums.

Everyone can buy wherever they please of course, but felt it would be wrong not to share this with the community.
Again, the issue isn't with the charger itself, seems to work fine.
The issue is that they pushed me into this charger and knowingly charged me more than twice what they normally sell for.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow