Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jawed
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
NP-FW50 Weight - varies
4 months ago

Recently I bought an a6000, which came with an NP-FW50 battery. Separately I bought two NP-FW50 batteries:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003NJVY14

I noticed that the battery that came with the camera is lighter than the two batteries I bought from Amazon (each of which came in what appears to be authentic Sony packaging which is extremely annoying to open).

Sony batteries are often "fakes" and one factor that people report is that the fake is lighter than the battery that came with the camera.

Well, in this case, it's the other way around:

• battery that came with a6000 = 42g
  • batteries ordered from Amazon = 57g

The two spare batteries that I bought have a "light grey" InfoLITHIUM logo on the side. The battery that came with the camera has a "shiny embossed" logo instead.

The battery that came with a friend's NEX-6 (bought shortly after it launched) has the same style of "light grey" logo. It weighs 58g.

I have no idea if there's a difference in performance between these batteries. I don't intend to find out, either.

a6000

a6000

Spare

Spare

NEX-6

NEX-6

Jawed's gear list:Jawed's gear list
Sony a6000
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow