Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Veducci
Contributing MemberPosts: 791Gear list
Like?
XA1 arriving soon..............
4 months ago

.........I don`t see a lot of XA1 threads on this camera here in the Fuji forum so it doesn`t appear to be very popular but from what I gather it`s at least on a par with the Canon EOSM but with a faster AF.

The Canon M kit lens (18-55 stm) was better than an average dslr kit lens and from what I read the Fuji 16-50 kit lens is just as good or maybe even better. I just couldn`t see spending $450 for the somewhat slow 11-22 just to get to 24mm (my most used FL)so I sold off the EOSM.

I`m hoping to be more satisfied with the XA1. I read one review that displayed images showing the XA1 IQ to be better than those from the XM1 so I ruled out the XM1 , not to mention that the $399 price tag on the XA1 was hard to resist.

The Canon M wasn`t exactly a hot seller either until the fire sale but other than the slow AF and lack of a grip , it remains a very capable camera. with regards to IQ.

I`m hoping to hear from some XA1 users here to alleviate my concerns with the AF and IQ and what to expect from the XA1.

Thanks for reading.

Veducci's gear list:Veducci's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow