ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gravi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,259Gear list
Like?
bike travel kit...
3 months ago

Hi all,

Last year I took up bike travelling again, like I did 15 years ago. I travel for 5 to 8 days by bicycle, with limited room for camera stuff.

I have an E-M5 which I love, and a GM1 that my wife uses mostly.

As a good, capable, portable yet versatile travel kit I am thinking of this setup:

• Pana GM1: already have it, and it is small!
  • 12-32mm lens: for general use and with IS for handheld video, and I already have it. small and capable!
  • 20mm f1.7 for low light situations: don't have that one, I have the Pana 25mm f1.4 but it is much bigger! The (old) 20mm can be found used for a decent price.
  • Oly 9mm bodycap: for the occasional wide shot. I do not have that one. I have the Oly 9-18mm which I love, and the samyang fisheye as well, but they are both bigger. I might skip on the bodycap and just take the 9-18mm, not sure yet. size is important!
  • Oly 45mm f1.8 for portraits, and with a closeup attachment (not sure which yet). Already have this lens. It is small and light. I considered the Pana 45mm macro for its macro capability (I like macro) and its IS, but it is just too big and heavy.
  • a small, light tripod but it must have some height. Not decided yet which.
  • Some ND filters. I'll have to think about a way to attach them to some of these lenses. 9-18mm therefore might be the way to go.
  • and ofcourse one or two spare batteries.
  • a bag. Might be a shoulder bag that fits into a bag I will carry on the bike (handlebars), or a bag to carry on the handlebars that can hold the camera kit.
  • No backup camera, because of the weight limitations. My iphone will have to fill that role.

So, I'd like your opinions on the above. And suggestions for tripods and bags are welcome as well!!

on tour through Luxemburg, shot with an ipnone.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gravi

Gravi's gear list:Gravi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow