If not m43, what would be your mirrorless system?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluevellet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,672Gear list
Like?
If not m43, what would be your mirrorless system?
4 months ago

Let's have a bit of fun with a what-if scenario though I realize many already own two (or more) different mirrorless systems so you've already made your choice.

For me, it would be a bit difficult to settle on something.

I don't see Nikon 1, Canon EOS-M and Pentax Q as serious contenders so they wouldn't even be on my radar.

I like Samsung replicates the key fast, (near) pancake lens setup of m43, but I don't really like anything else from the system.

With Sony, there's actually a double choice between smallish APS-C bodies with the most developed lens lineup (after m43) and the new full frame lineup with only a handful of expensive lenses. I would lean towards APS-C though I don't like APS-C lens development has essentially stopped in favor of full frame.

In the end, I would probably go with Fuji. There's a lot of quirkiness with Fuji, things to get used to, but I see the lens lineup as having the most potential in the long run. You also have a similar choice of bodies as m43, from compact, point-and-shoot cameras to the bigger, semi-pro bodies.

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon D610 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FujiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow