Poll - Would you buy a Fuji short telephoto prime lens?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,349Gear list
Like?
Poll - Would you buy a Fuji short telephoto prime lens?
4 months ago

Hi,

There have been many threads touching on telephoto primes versus the 55-200mm zoom but I don't think there's been a poll.  My apologies if I am indeed duplicating an earlier poll.

It has been said quite often that Fuji users would like a short prime telephoto.  There seem to be two camps.  Firstly those in the 85/2 - 100/2.8 camp seeking a small sharp general purpose lens to add some very portable reach beyond the 55mm of the 18-55 zoom, and secondly those in 85/1.4 - 100/1.8 camp seeking a fast longer lens for portraits, subject isolation and bokeh.  Neither type of lens is currently made or on the road-map, and there have been many posts discussing and recommending manual focus legacy lenses.

I don't want to debate uses or preferences here.  I'd just like to see the extent of support for either.  It seems to come up often enough. - Perhaps, in time, Fuji will respond if there's support.....

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II +6 more
POLL
I would buy a small, light, telephoto lens in the range of 85/2 to 100/2.8, designed for portability, sharpness, close focusing (if not actually macro) and filter size of 58mm.
46.7% 57  votes
I would buy a telephoto prime in the range of 85/1.4 to 100/1.8-ish, designed for portraiture, subject isolation, bokeh, etc and size no object.
32.0% 39  votes
I'm not interested in either - I only own or will only buy one of the telephoto zooms.
21.3% 26  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow