Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,123Gear list
Like?
Olympus E-M5 EVF brightness
5 months ago

I'm at Disneyworld right now, using both of my new cameras (new Stylus1 and refurbished E-M5). The Stylus1 is great, but the E-M5's EVF has turned very dim. I can barely see stuff outside with my naked eye and regular eyeglasses on (it is too dark with the sunglasses on). I tried cleaning the outside of the LCD to no avail. I happen to have the VF-2 in the stuff I packed, and the normal LCD and VF-2 display the scene correctly. Similarly, the Stylus1, which uses the same EVF, works great as well. I bumped up the EVF brightness to +7 and it is still dim.  Unfortunately, the EVF was one of the reasons I went for the E-M5 in the first place.  I can use the LCD as a stop-gap measure, but I would like to use the EVF once again

Before I send it in for warranty repair, is there some setting I've missed? When I get home, I will try the general reset first before setting it in, but I've changed the EVF options, and it doesn't seem to help

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow