D4 or D800E for birds?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jamesg28
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: D4 or D800E for birds?
In reply to Lance B, 7 months ago

Lance B wrote:

You may very well be correct. I do think my D800E is better than my previous (1st generation) D800 but could still be better, after having tried the new D4s. Having said that, I would love my D800E to have the same AF as the new D4s and I'd happily pay a premium for it. In fact, I don't see why we can't opt to pay for performance upgrades like a modular system because apparently, the AF module is the same for all of them, just that they use different algorithms. I'd be happy yo ay for an algorithm upgrade.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

You would think an algorithm change could be dealt with in a firmware update? Not that i am very up with it when it comes to such technical software things.

I have not read of this rumored D800S? How likely is it, and when was the rumor saying that it could be a possiblity? I am looking to purchase within the next 1-2 months. I could wait a little bit longer but if this rumor turns into one like the D400, I will certainly NOT wait

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow