Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brodone
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Power on-off switch
6 months ago

I have a nikon D3100 and was at an airshow this past weekend using my Tamron 70-300mm lens to shoot photos of aircraft in the distance. I got to talking with another man sitting next to me for the 7 hours we were there and he asked me if I turned my camera off between shots since he could see me turning it off every once and awhile. I told him that I don't between shots but I do between " acts" which could amount to a few minutes to something longer. Have been doing it since film days and have never thought about it. I used the camera on a day like that for 8 hours or so and didn't have to change the battery but he mentioned that he wondered if the on-off load on the circuits might use more juice than just leaving it on all the time? You have a lot of smart guys on this forum and thought I might get some thoughts on this.

Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow