Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peaceful Mind
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Photographer's Right?
4 months ago

I was walking on Bay Street Emeryville here and one of the security guard told me photo taking is not allowed there.

To put it into perspective about where I was and what I am photographing, the photo I took is this. I was actually testing a tilt effect that day, and I just use that scene as my test scene.

I remembered reading somewhere about photographer's right. I searched it today and found one here , and one of the statement is "Property owners may legally prohibit photography on their premises". But I'm not sure if the street itself is their premise?

I also found the statement from their official website. The only thing it mentions about photography is "Videotaping and or photography for commercial purposes is not allowed without prior consent of Management." And I'm obviously not taking it for commercial purpose.

So my question is, do I have the right to take photograph there? Thanks.

Peaceful Mind's gear list:Peaceful Mind's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +23 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow