Sony A6000 L-Plate?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry Fusselman
Regular MemberPosts: 430Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 L-Plate?
In reply to Ross Warner, 5 months ago

Ross Warner wrote:

If you have the RRS L-plate for the A7, you're in luck. It fits nicely on the A6000, although it extends a little farther than necessary on the left-hand (non-grip) side. I have the A7R, and unless I were going to swap cameras on the tripod a lot, I wouldn't bother to buy another L-plate for A6000.

Oh, yeah, you do have to loosen the L-plate to get the battery door open.

-Ross

"In luck?"---I cannot easily figure out what you mean by this.  It sounds false to me.  Please check again.   We're talking about the RRS BA7-L set, which (unless I am seriously missing something) no way no how fits on the Sony alpha 6000.  Perhaps your RRS L bracket is different from the BA7-L.

For now, my L-bracket solution for alpha 6000 (Sony a6000) is the inexpensive DAL-1 L bracket from Amazon.  It allows access, while on the tripod, to the battery, memory card, and the port for the cable release.

Also, I have the same flexibility with the LCD with this setup that I have with the RRS BA7-L on my Sony A7r.  That access is good and complete when looking down on the LCD, but not as good when looking up from below.   (That is, the useful 90-degree tilt works fine, but the smaller tilt in the other direction is impeded.) I get about 90% of the LCD functionality that matters to me on a tripod.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Fusselman

Jerry Fusselman's gear list:Jerry Fusselman's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 100D +40 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow