Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,175Gear list
Like?
Annabelle and Haywire, a Mime Act.
3 months ago

I was having a really great day in uptown Charlotte, and was on my way home when I came upon Annabelle and Haywire and their mime act.  Now Haywire isn't in the photos, as he was just setting up their stand or area on the corners of Trade and Tryon in Charlotte.  I just walked up and started taking pictures, then I asked if they had a card, but they didn't so I handed them my card.  At that, Haywire said that he had to turn the controls of Annabelle back to her so she could write their facebook address down and several of these are the results.  She has a wonderful expressive face, and for me that is what makes these photos.

This was my first shot, taken with the Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 lens.

So now we have interaction between subject and photographer.  We don't know each other, and I had never seen Annabelle before.

So she is going to give her facebook page address.

Let me think about this.  Love the look.

She is still thinking.  She isn't going to get out of character.

Then she gives me the address.

I really did have a great day before this, and the lesson is to never put the camera away.  I was on my way back to my car when I happened upon the mime.  I keep my Panasonic G3 on a wrist strap and have it preset so I can just take the photo and not mess with the settings.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow