Help with wireless high speed sync needed - Any Nikon Pocket Wizard experts out there?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DavidSafanda
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Help with wireless high speed sync needed - Any Nikon Pocket Wizard experts out there?
3 months ago

Help! Any Nikon Pocket Wizard experts out there with high speed sync experience?

Since I'm primarily a landscaper shooter my expertise with artificial lighting is a bit lacking to say the least. I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to fire an off camera strobe in high sync mode using a Pocket Wizard MiniTT1 on a D800 as the transmitter and Pocket Wizard PlusII on a Phottix Mitros as the receiver.

I've got the camera set to high speed sync(AutoFP) mode. Everything works fine until I try going with a shutter speed over 250. Pressing test on the MiniTT1 fires the strobe but I can't get the camera shutter to fire the strobe if my shutter speed is over 250. Any ideas?

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow