"Old" 9-18 (or any UWA) on GH2 -- how wide?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 2,056Gear list
Like?
"Old" 9-18 (or any UWA) on GH2 -- how wide?
6 months ago

I have the "old" DSLR-type 9-18, and I've always liked it. On impulse, the other day I ordered a second-hand GH2, thinking I could take advantage of the slightly oversized sensor to make the lens a little wider. The camera has arrived at my local camera shop, and I have five days to try it out (in the store) and decide if I want to buy it. Problem is, it's hard to test UWA performance in a tiny shop!

I will do my best, but I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with this combo, or with any UWA on the GH2? Does the 9-18 become more like a 8mm lens at the wide end ... or even wider? How is the corner performance? How about lenses like the Oly 14-54 MkI or Panasonic 14-45 (m4/3 version)?

I will also ask on the m4/3 forum, but since the 9-18 is a 4/3 lens, I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow