Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
macsoft4
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
NEX 7 video let me down... VG20 now.
4 months ago

Yap.. it finally happened to me. the dreaded overheating problem when recording video.

I took a simple video recording gig of a 1 hour show. I've done lots of videos with the NEX, it stopped at the 30 min like it does, many times. I was counting on that but... 10 min into the recording.. it stops.. overheating warning...I panicked.. turned it off a couple of minutes, on again.. 3 or 4 minutes after.. again. and again and again...

First time it happened I Quickly i got my iphone on a tripod, and filmed with it when the NEX 7 stopped.. done a hole 1 hour show like that.. NEX 7 down..-> iphone up...NEX 7 down.. iphone up..

Ah.. good thing I also had setup a goPro.. crappy image quality indoors, but saved the parts of the show between NEX 7 and iphone :S

Still trying to do magic on the editing...

Just got me a used VG20 with the 18-200. I never want to be in this position again in a paying job.

Got it at a nice price, and gained the 18-200 as a lens photo with my NEX 7 too.

So.. Now to learn the best way to shoot  with the VG20, where do I go?

Anyone out there that had to go this way too?

Thanks

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow