Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Why is my lens not sharp?
11 months ago

I have a D7100 and a Tamron 70-200 F2.8 VC (the new version). When i tested it in the store it worked fine and i got super sharp results. Now that i have mine i can never seem to get sharp results. I use Aperture priority most of the time and use AF-S with the lens in AF. I don't get blurry images but they are not as sharp as they were when i tested the lens. (I used my own camera to test the lens) I know the lens can be sharp but i can never seem to get tack sharp images. Is there anything that i can do to fix this.

As a extra note i try to shoot as fast as the focal length aka 200mm = 1/200 but i don't do this as usually that means shooting at ISO4000+. I usually shoot between f3.2-4.5 for most of my photos

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | A +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow