Bowens-mount alternatives to PCB 30"x60" giant softbox?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rad Encarnacion
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
Bowens-mount alternatives to PCB 30"x60" giant softbox?
2 months ago

Earlier this year I asked for advice on lighting modifiers as part of my long-term plan to purchase a lighting kit from Paul C Buff.

Recently, I discovered that my country's local Godox distributor is now offering the Godox QT600, an Einstein alternative, but they do not sell a modifier at least as large as the PCB giant softbox.

I would like to ask what brands offer a Bowens-mount alternative (similar in both size and price) to the PCB giant softbox (30"x60", approx. $200 when purchased w/ grid). I am checking to see if the Godox lights may be a more cost-effective purchase as I am not located in the US, though I am not considering any other brands or models of monolights beyond these two.

In case there are none, do you see any stability or weight issues with using a Bowens-to-Balcar adapter just to mount the PCB softbox on the QT600?

Thanks in advance.

Rad Encarnacion's gear list:Rad Encarnacion's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow