Choice between the old AF-D lens with a sb-700, or just a mordern standard zoom lens first

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yeungm
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Choice between the old AF-D lens with a sb-700, or just a mordern standard zoom lens first
7 months ago

Dear all, I just came out to work right now and bought a D610 body (Used to have a d90 kit when I was still a uni student) and current have a af 35mm f2, tamron 70-300 vc and a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 (1st generation). I am going to get a standard lens and a flash soon (But I cannot buy all at once, since my parents are gonna go mad on me)

So I am thinking between the combination of a AF 28-105 (without D) / AF 28-85 D / AF 24-120 D with a sb-700, or a Sigma 24-105 (for nikon) on it's own, then the flash later

I mostly do snaps* (I live in HK), a bit of protraits photography and rarely events (e.g. weddings), and hope you ladies and gentlemen can give me some advise or suggestion on what to get, as well as to ask how the 3 old AF lens perform on mordern digital bodies (because most of the reviews recommend the 28-105).

*I also have a Panasonic gx1 with a 14mm to do snaps when I am with my parents or friends who don't do photography ( I used to use the gx1 with a nikon mount metz 48 af1 & P 14-42mm, but both have broken and cannot be repaired :-()

Thanks a lot for the help

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow