Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
picturethis1979
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm S5 Pro still relevant
2 months ago

So my Nikon D7100 took at very little tumble and broke like a plastic toy. I will say that I never really got used to Nikon's new grip so I'm not overly disappointed on it's fate. So, on to eBay to find a cheap replacement as I had photo gigs coming up. What jumped to the front was my old love, a Fujifilm S5 Pro.

So, here are my questions. How do I get another copy of Hyper Utility? Has Adobe RAW converter improved so that it could actually replace the dreadfully slow HU-V3? What about DXO? Or should I just stick to shooting JPEG's? I remember they were amazing but I want full control of the file yet I also want the Fuji color. Am I completely stupid for buying an "antique" like the S5? What other choice do I have for all of my Nikon DX lenses that have a grip for a large American hand? I thought of the D300s but wasn't sure it was much improved over the S5 especially what it currently costs.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

picturethis1979's gear list:picturethis1979's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D300S Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow