Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill from Oregon
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
Which SD memory card for Oly OMD-E-M1?
3 months ago

I've had my new E-M1 for just one week now.  And I've thus far been using the 8GB memory card from my older compact camera.  It's about time I sprung for two or three SD cards I'd dedicate to the use in the E-M1.  OK, so which card?

I figure at least 8GB and more likely 16GB.  I also think that, when traveling, I'm better off with a greater number of smaller cards rather than fewer larger cards.  That way, were I to lose a card, or a card were to "go bad," I wouldn't lose all of my images.

And what specific card would you recommend?  I see words like "ultra" and "pro" and I have no idea if that means anything at all.  In fact, somewhere or another (perhaps on this forum), I read that the speed of the card doesn't matter... because the camera moves memory first to its buffer and later to the card.  Does speed matter?  Is "ultra" a good deal?  Is "pro" worth the extra money?

Is one type, or one brand, more reliable than another?

Any words of wisdom much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,

Bill

Bill from Oregon's gear list:Bill from Oregon's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow