Guys, I just found my passion today in photography, I found it! It just hit me.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
Guys, I just found my passion today in photography, I found it! It just hit me.
3 months ago

Lately ive been having a struggle getting out and shooting, but ive only used and own my 18-55STM kit lens. Well today I was set to shoot an event with about 250 people and I decided I would go all out and rent a better grade lens.  So after some advice from others, I rented a 17-55m 2.8 Canon, and shot the event today. I immediately could tell the improvement from the kit lens.  Its like as if before with my kit lens, my camera was a toy, now its a beast.

All I have to say is WOW, I have found my passion!  I stuck on another lens and all of a sudden shooting is THAT much more fun.  I havent had this much fun, I dont think ever.

About an hour in, it finally hit me deep inside....I know exactly what kind of photography tickles my fancy....I love shooting people!  I dont know if its the attention or what, but I just get a huge thrill off it.  I had so much fun and honestly....I really REALLY didnt want to return the rented lens after.  It was so hard to put back on the kit lens, felt like such a downgrade.

Infact bad idea because I now so want to buy a 17-55m 2.8 to keep.  I just dont think i could ever go back to my kit lens.  The 17-55m 2.8 makes the kit lens feel like a toy.

I dont know how ive settled for using the kit lens for so long.

But man, only thing is the price of the lens.    its steep.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow