Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dennis2
Regular MemberPosts: 183
Like?
Thinking of purchasing D7100
5 months ago

I have D70 and it has served me well. Not exactly sure why I want a D7100, but I recall taking some low light photos with D7000 and that impressed me. D70 is starting to give it up a little bit for me and I want something new. Namely, D70 feels a bit slow at times, partially due to maybe its age, or lack of repair. I am also not crazy about its slower TTL preflash to flash time, which at times caused people to blink in the photos.

D7100 also handles video, but DpReview says it's not all that great even for amateurs.  I have Sony VX 2000 video camcorder, but I think it's old and outdated now as well.  It'd be nice to have a photo and camcorder all in one but not sure if D7100 is it.

I briefly considered D610, but most of my lenses are DX, notably my well liked and expensive Nikkor 17-55mm.  I also have Nikkor 28-80, and Nikkor 50mm 1.8 and 1.4 (manual focus), and Sigma 200-300mm.  I think that's about it.  Someone also mentioned D7100 wins over D600 when you consider focusing points and desire to stay with DX.  Some people say D7000 is just about as great as D7100.

Well ... I still do have my D70 so technically I don't need another camera, but I kind of feel that a refresh is in order, so maybe that's the more important component driving my purchasing decision.  Whether I follow up on it or ignore it, is ultimately to my subconscious mind... But as for the conscious mind, it wants to know which choice is most beneficial to make

So far I am thinking of D7100.  Before I go off and get it, are there things I did not consider?

Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow