Stuck Pixel on my X-T1

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ken224
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: Stuck Pixel on my X-T1
In reply to Wheatfield7, 6 months ago
Add at least 20% to the cost of every component you buy from them to allow for full quality control and the problem goes away. Your $1200.00 camera will now be perfect, but will cost closer to $1500.00. Your thousand dollar lens just jumped to $1250.00, but there would never be a single speck of dust in it (which I have a hard time believing that people get their panties knotted about anyway, dust happens eventually)

This thread is about a stuck pixel and not about adding 20% for better quality control. Sooner or later every sensor will develop some stuck or dead pixels. How would adding 20% to the cost of the camera prevent this?

On the other hand, I can only guess that adding a pixel mapping routine to the firmware would increase the final cost of the camera by a few cents.

My 2 cents...

ken224's gear list:ken224's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow