Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scott Martinez Photography
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Epson 3880 issues
7 months ago

Hi, I tossed an Epson 3800 when the PK cartridge leaked when not in use into the waste cartridge. I was able to take most of the unused ink and use them in a new 3880. I picked up a second one when my print volume went way up. All worked pretty well until both units decided to start leaking their PK cartridges into the waste tank as well. Both were out of warranty, but one just barely. I have kept one of the 3880's going by removing the PK cartridge when not in use. This seems to work except I'll get some blobs on a print when starting a print job. I'll run a another job and it'll usually print OK. Has anybody else experienced this here? I wonder if there is a valve that can be capped to stop the leaking, but have not worked up the nerve to open the printer.

I have also since purchased a 4900 and am experiencing clogged head hell almost every day. -Sometimes during print jobs one of the black inks will clog and I'll have to run a cleaning cycle or two. I was hoping the 4900 heads would work as good as the 3800-3880, but its more like when I used a R1800 way back and I spent more on ink cleanings cycles then on prints. I'm very disappointed in the 4900!

-Scott

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow