Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Crawley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,080
Like?
Which camera would you take?
4 months ago

Heading to Russia this summer…Moscow and Saint Petersburg… can’t decide which camera to take and would like you guys to weight in on this.

Here is some background.

I have a Leica V-lux 4 which shoots GREAT pictures and has that amazing constant 2.8 lens 25-600mm (or something like… that I am not looking at specs right now so do not plow into me for having the wrong numbers…you get the point. The lens can do it all. However it does have a small sensor. But I never blow anything up beyond 11x17 anyway…)

On the other hand I also have a Fuji XPro 1 and plan to carry a Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS lens.

Here’s the question…which of these two cameras would you take and why? I have shot with both and both produce outstanding pix for me. The Leica offers quite a bit more range and the Fuji much more sensor space… Both work well indoors, while the Leica has a superior look in low light such as museums. (But just so…)

I shoot exclusively in RAW.

Go to folks. I await your educated responses. No bashing brands here. This is for me.

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/

There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

Leica V-Lux 4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow