Started May 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Crawley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,134Gear list
Like?
Which camera would you take?
May 9, 2014

Heading to Russia this summer…Moscow and Saint Petersburg… can’t decide which camera to take and would like you guys to weight in on this.

Here is some background.

I have a Leica V-lux 4 which shoots GREAT pictures and has that amazing constant 2.8 lens 25-600mm (or something like… that I am not looking at specs right now so do not plow into me for having the wrong numbers…you get the point. The lens can do it all. However it does have a small sensor. But I never blow anything up beyond 11x17 anyway…)

On the other hand I also have a Fuji XPro 1 and plan to carry a Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS lens.

Here’s the question…which of these two cameras would you take and why? I have shot with both and both produce outstanding pix for me. The Leica offers quite a bit more range and the Fuji much more sensor space… Both work well indoors, while the Leica has a superior look in low light such as museums. (But just so…)

I shoot exclusively in RAW.

Go to folks. I await your educated responses. No bashing brands here. This is for me.

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/

There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

John Crawley's gear list:John Crawley's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X100T
Leica V-Lux 4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow