OMD with more MP?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
1943Mike
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Re: Do both
In reply to MatsP, 7 months ago

MatsP wrote:

Develop along two lines! Different photographers have different needs, which is clearly obvious in this thread. If i were Olympus I would let the next EM-1 keep 16 Mp but improve AF and high ISO performance for those who want to shoot fast moving subjects and/or in bad light. And put a 24 Mp or greater MP count sensor in the next E-M5 for those who shoot landscape and architecture in good light and to whom resolution is important.

I suppose this would be my wish. I do both kinds of photography. For the moment, shooting BIF, I use my Canon 7D with the Canon 100-400. For macro photography I use one of my Canon DSLR's (either the 7D or the 5D) with either the Sigma 180 macro or Canon 100 macro lens. However, when hiking (almost always in good weather and in bright conditions) I carry my OM-D E-M5 with the Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8 attached. I like the Olympus 5 axis IBIS and rarely carry a tripod anymore. I believe that the engineers/scientists who develop µ43 sensors will be able to develop a 24mp sensor that should be acceptable to me and other landscape photographers who don't usually have to worry about lack of light. There are, of course, very good landscape photographers who DO worry about the lack of light (evening/twilight/early morning images not to mention night shots) but that's not me.

So, having started this thread I would say the discussion regarding amount of mp's on a sensor has been, on the whole, productive and given myself and others some food for thought.

Thanks you all.

-- hide signature --

1943Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow