Senior MemberPosts: 2,026Gear list
Like?
Re: feasible within noise constraints
In reply to Anders W, 2 months ago

Anders W wrote:

Steve_ wrote:

That's not the way I see it ...

Everyone gets an opinion.

Sure. Just questioning the factual basis of yours. Take this RAW from IR for example:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m1/EM1FAR2I0100.ORF.HTM

Do you find the noise troublesome if you let LR develop it at default settings?

Anders, I've been polite with you. I don't care what you make of IR's test shots. I shoot the camera in the conditions that matter to me and use the required RAW adjustments. I also do the same with a D7000 and K3 Pentax. The noise in the EM5 shots is much greater, to the point that I could not stand more noise. Feel differently? I don't give two shits.

Lowering their resolution would not fix what ails them, making the entire point irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

What is your factual basis for claiming that lowering the resolution of Canon FF sensors would not fix what ails them?

That's just priceless. To quote you from earlier in this thread:

"Note that current MFT sensors are better in terms of DR (about one EV better in the case of the E-M1) than current Canon FF sensors with close to 24 MP. Nevertheless, I haven't seen a whole lot of suggestions that Canon should drop the pixel count down to 12 or so MP."

First you ridicule the idea of lowering their resolution, and than protest the notion that lowering the resolution would not help. It's pretty obvious you are just arguing for the sake of argument, a point that you will no doubt argue as well.

And since you think lowering the resolution would not help in Canon's case, why do you think increasing the resolution would be detrimental in the case of MFT?

Because of the consequences of reducing pixel pitch 31% from a level that produces noise performance that is just barely good.

Steve_'s gear list:Steve_'s gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow