Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr Glyco
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Nikon replaced my D600
3 months ago

I did it!! I got my dusty D600 replaced by a D610 by Nikon for free.

During the year I had the D600 I had it in for sensor cleaning three times, and the last time it was done after the shutter had been changed three months earlier. The sensor spots kept coming back also after 8000 actuations. When Nikon came out with the message 28/3 that it was possible to replace defective D600’s I surely hoped that mine would qualify, and it did. Thank you so much Nikon!! Everything is forgiven.

A few tips: I think the D600 shutter shreds extra dust in burst mode so use it a lot to see if spots appears.

It is easy to see the spots at f/22 and -1 EV (f/32 is of course even sharper if four lens manage it) when you take pictures of the blue sky.

Dust may indeed appear also after the shutter has been changed. Keep sending in the camera to Nikon for sensor cleaning, and finally you may be able to get it replaced…

Dr Glyco's gear list:Dr Glyco's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow