Some examples that show why a wide gamut monitor matters:

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Joe Mayer
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Re: Some examples that show why a wide gamut monitor matters:
In reply to naththo, 5 months ago

naththo wrote:

I just saw announcement of Samsung came out with 27" size, 1ms gtg, 4K super resolution, unfortunately is a downside is a TN instead, 1B colours at a ridiculously low price of $750.

Has anyone seen that in store with switch on what is it like when you look left to right, top to bottom is it bothering you much at all from that TN?

Nathan.

Well, I suppose a TN is a TN no matter the resolution, right?  I don't know as I haven't personally seen any 4K monitors but at 27", a TN would look pretty horrid even from face on.  Besides, I can understand the wide gamut advantage but the way I've always looked at it is, what is the point of me seeing something amazing when I can't share it?  Yes, I love to do stuff just for myself but I do need to throw pics on websites and the rest of the internet as well as print.  All those wonderful colours get tossed in the bin and that's not even bringing up the fact that everyone looking at my stuff is doing so with uncalibrated too-blue overly bright monitors.  Makes me cringe but nothing I can do about it.

Joe Mayer's gear list:Joe Mayer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow