ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tdaubee
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Memory Card Issues
5 months ago

Hello Everyone -

So, I come to you today with a sad problem with my 8gb sandisk memory card.

Last winter, I took a bunch of pictures of a benefit ride and when  I pulled the card from my camera to put on my computer. ALL the images from the "current day" (only) were erased. I deemed it a camera error and went and bought a new camera.

Yesterday, I had some great pictures of a storm. Lightning, clouds, funnel clouds, etc. Same thing happened.

So, clearly I was heartbroken again and clearly its not the camera. I have a couple of considerations to the cause... "formatting" issue with the card itself, bad memory card in general, could it be that I was deleting bad, blurry pictures as I went and the formatting got thrown off?

I am very sad about these events, but at the same time. I am very grateful they were just pictures of a storm and not a client...

I will be buying another card and writing to "both" from now on... but I just wanted your opinions on what the issue is so I can do my best to avoid this in the future.

Thanks!

tdaubee's gear list:tdaubee's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow