Is the 35-100mm f2.8 the only fast telephoto zoom for MFT?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
William Prip
Regular MemberPosts: 286
Like?
Re: Is the 35-100mm f2.8 the only fast telephoto zoom for MFT?
In reply to j y g, 7 months ago

I have the 12-35 f/2.8 and 35-100 f/2.8, and I think they make a fabulous pairing.  When I used to lug around my Canon gear, I had a 1D Mark IV with the 24-70 f/2.8 but only had the f/4.0 version of their 70-200.  The f/2.8 version of the 70-200 was just too unwieldy for me.

The difference between the two systems are night and day in terms of convenience, but only slightly different in terms of picture quality, at least for my purposes.  But, the 1D4 was a blazingly fast camera for focusing on moving objects, but I just picked up the Panasonic GH4.  Hopefully, this new M43 camera will help bridge the gap a bit.

By the way, until this Panasonic purchase, I've only had Olympus bodies (EPL5, EM5, and EP5), which all have IBIS.  But, I'm glad I have these two Pana lenses for their OIS now that I have the Pana GH4 without IBIS.  So, that's something you might want to keep in mind when you're considering the Pana vs. Oly f/2.8 zooms.

Best,

Will

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow