ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Constantin Firescu
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Nikon D610 AF compared to O-M1's
2 months ago

Helllo,

I am thinking to replace my O-MD E-M1 with the Nikon D610 ( I also have a E-M5 ). I love the IQ from the D610, I'm not that happy about its size and buttons placement but I can live with all that because of the fantastic sensor. The question I am asking: Is the auto focus from the D610 as reliable as that from the E-M1? Has anybody shot both the cameras? I could only test the D610 in good lighting conditions and I was pleased with its speed and consistency. But. I know it has the AF from D7000 ( witch I used to own, and replaced with O-MD E-M5 precisely for the better AF), witch was unusable in poor lighting where the Olympus AF is instant. I have to mention I never shot action or fast moving subjects so I am not interested about AF tracking. So I don't mind a slow AF if it is precise.

Since my girlfriend is keeping the E-M5 I would like to use the D610 for daily use, even thou it will be a heavier camera.

Thank you.

Constantin Firescu's gear list:Constantin Firescu's gear list
Nikon D800 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D7000 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow