ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photosincali
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Question for Nikon users about 610 and lenses
4 months ago

Hi

I have always wanted to shoot with a FF camera and before I couldn't afford one. Now I have a little extra money and it looks as if this new 610 body is a good start... I was curious how most of you see it for entry level or is the 800 much better? I compared the 2 cameras on this site and the numbers for the 610 really look good matched up to the 800, although I don't doubt the 800 is still better overall. Again I am going for an entry level FF body and I don't shoot much video.

The other question I have is about the lenses available. I won't be able to purchase anything new and amazing like the 24-70 2.8G lens, it would eat up any money I had left, so I am looking at getting some older lenses instead. So my concern here is whether the older lenses affect the camera's capabilities? For example, if I were to buy a used 28-70 2.8D lens in great condition (instead of the 24-70 2.8G) will I not be able to use all the advanced focusing features? I am looking at maybe buying a couple manual lenses as well because I think Nikon has always made solid glass but I just don't understand how these are accepted by todays digital cameras?

Well I thank you for any help or advice!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow