Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
MatsP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,069Gear list
Like?
Do both
In reply to bahamot, 5 months ago

bahamot wrote:

1943Mike wrote:

Does anyone think that Olympus will offer an OMD camera with a 24 mp or greater sensor in the near future?

-- hide signature --

1943Mike

Instead improve sensor's SNR.

-- hide signature --

Develop along two lines! Different photographers have different needs, which is clearly obvious in this thread. If i were Olympus I would let the next EM-1 keep 16 Mp but improve AF and high ISO performance for those who want to shoot fast moving subjects and/or in bad light. And put a 24 Mp or greater MP count sensor in the next E-M5 for those who shoot landscape and architecture in good light and to whom resolution is important.

This is what other manufacturers do, not so obvious for APS-C models but it's a very clear strategy regarding FF: A7 contra A7r, D4 contra D800, 1Dx contra 5DIII. If Olympus want to be a serious alternative to FF for all kinds of photographers this is what they have to do.

So I believe Olympus will introduce a 24 or more MP camera quite soon. But that doesn't mean they sholuld abandon 16 MP. There is still a lot to do to improve C-AF, DR and high ISO performance on that sensor size.

But those of you who long for a 12 MP sensor will probably be disappointed.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow