Still waiting on 23mm lens, should I change gears and get the 10-24

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
mjh04
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Re: Still waiting on 23mm lens, should I change gears and get the 10-24
In reply to Clayton1985, 7 months ago

Clayton1985 wrote:

How much do you plan to use the 10mm to 12mm range? If the answer is not that much then I would stick with the 14 and 23 primes. I'm struggling with the same decision but I'm starting to think that I'll either do without the 10mm to 12mm range or I will end up with all three lenses .... I don't think I'm going to be able to part with the 14 or 23.

I have struggled with that question.  In my full frame world, I made good use of the Canon 16-35 lens, often shooting at 16.  I don't know however if that was just because it was as wide as it would go rather than making a conscious decision that 16 was the best angle for the particular photo I was taking.  Thus far, on a couple of trips I have made this year, the 14 has really not left me feeling like I needed a lot more width to capture what I was photographing.  In some ways, I am struggling with whether I am going to be more of a prime shooter with the Fuji's or a zoom shooter.  Like I said previously, in the past I have been mostly a prime shooter, but the primes I have used with Fuji thus far are so good that I keep gravitating to them when I have the opportunity.  I am not sure I can see myself with all three.  I have gone back to Lightroom and looked at how many times I have used the 16-35 at the widest setting, but have not really drawn too many conclusions at this point.

-- hide signature --

Mike Hedge
www.thehedgepost.com

mjh04's gear list:mjh04's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow