Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Positive experience with RX10
7 months ago

I got this camera recently for my wife because she wanted a camera without having to change lenses, plus enough zoom. I said this was the best and got one.  I don't know if I'd pay $1299+tax for one, but amazon was selling a very good used one for about $900 something.

So far I've had it for few days and have been playing with it myself rather than sharing with my wife Macro is to die for, and so is the video. Today I also shot it at the park alongside Canon 5DM3 with 70-200/2.8. I noticed that there more focus breathing in 24-200 lens on RX10 than on 70-200 Canon. 200mm on Sony did not look as much zoom as 200mm on 70-200. I then focused RX10 at infinity and then back to my focus point (which was about 30 feet away) and I got more zoom at 200mm but still not close to Canon's 200mm. Perhaps RX10's 200mm is closer to infinity only.

Here is a 100% of a dragon I took this afternoon. Acceptably sharp I say! Click for 100%

hopefully my wife will like it and we'll keep it!

F/2.8  at 200mm

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Canon EOS 5D Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow