Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
milesdawes
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Sony A6000 or NEX7
2 months ago

I've been using an ancient Kodak digital camera for the past 10 years. It has finally packed up & I've decided to buy a decent camera. I've spent weeks trying to decide - at first I thought I'd go for the Sony NEX3N but eventually I decided to go for the NEX7. I was just about to order one but at the last minute I became a bit concerned about paying nearly £700 for a camera that came out 3 years ago.

Would I better off going for the A6000? I've read a lot of conflicting reviews - some say that the A6000 is more of a successor to the NEX6 rather than the NEX7. Some say that the A6000 is far better than the NEX7 but some say it's a step backwards! One comparison review gave the NEX7 87% and the A6000 100%!

It's all becoming a bit of a headache to be honest! I will spend most of the time photographing cars and I can't imagine I will use the video function a great deal!

I'd greatly appreciate any views on the NEX7 v A6000 - I am a bit concerned that neither have a touchscreen but £700 is my top limit. If there are any cameras up to £700 that are recommended I'd appreciate any advice.

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow