Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjh04
Regular MemberPosts: 182Gear list
Like?
Still waiting on 23mm lens, should I change gears and get the 10-24
5 months ago

I ordered the XF 23mm from Amazon on the last day of the sale and am still waiting as it is backordered. Amazon's site says 1-2 months.  I am starting to get a little impatient, but I know if I cancel I will lose the $749 price.  I am starting to rethink this strategy and consider going with the 10-24 zoom.  If I want to carry a partial kit, I like going out with with the 18-55 and the 14 mm for wide shots with one lens on my X-T1 and the other on the X-E2.  I have really enjoyed the 14 mm lens so far.  It is probably my most used lens.  Once I have the 23, I am not sure if I would leave the 14 home and likely would end up carrying these three lenses all of the time.  This might negate any size and weight advantage of the primes.  I haven't seen the 10-24 in person, but am a little concerned about the size and weight of the lens.  I can read the specs, but until you have it in hand, it is sometimes hard to get a perspective as to how it would feel to carry it around all of the time.  I don't want to end up with a kit and have to carry almost as much as I did with the full frame camera.  I am also trying to place a value on the f/1.4 speed of the 23 mm lens.  I enjoy taking cityscapes at night and pictures around sunset, but those are often times I plan and use a tripod.  For any of you with the 23 mm, how useful do you find the 1.4 speed for the type of photos you typically take with a 35mm equivalent lens?

-- hide signature --

Mike Hedge
www.thehedgepost.com

mjh04's gear list:mjh04's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +12 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow