jfw
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens Sale??
In reply to JeffryZ, 7 months ago

JeffryZ wrote:

Rich Rosen wrote:

jfw wrote:

In the recent Nikon lens sale (March) I purchased a Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro Nikkor Lens with Nikon U.S.A. Warranty, from Adorama.

Purchase date was March 26. Lens was back-ordered at the time. Now its May 7 - and still no lens and no real info from either Adorama or Nikon (contacted them both). Guess I didn't expect this long of a wait.

Question: did any of you order a 105 during the sale, and then actually receive a lens?? (I.e., is there any hope for me?? )

I was really hoping to do a little spring macro here in the northeast, but its starting to look like it will be summer before I get this thing...

Thanks a bunch for any news.

jfw

I find it very interesting that Adorama is out of stock while B&H is in stock. I know one of the other posters indicated he had to wait a long time for a another Nikon lens, b before he got it from Adorama. That doesn't sound right. I would call.

I ordered mine from BH during the sale and got it right away.

-- hide signature --

I would like to invite you to visit my photo gallery here:
http://www.pbase.com/jeffryz/galleries

Thanks Jeff.  And a hearty "congrats" also BTW - as you are the first and only guy in this thread to respond to the actual question that was asked in the OP.  (Not that I'm ungrateful for some of the other quasi-related replies.    )

For what its worth, I checked both B&H and Adorama on the day I ordered (Mar 26), and both were back-ordered at that time.

Adorama is STILL back-ordered 6 weeks later (though B&H is not) - and after yet another call today I got yet another "we have no info from the manufacturer" reply...  not really much help.  Indeed strange when B&H now has them in-stock.

Maybe B&H just moves more stuff and all the inventory is there...

Oh well... I guess I'll plan on doing shooting the 2015 spring flowers instead...

Cheers

jfw

jfw's gear list:jfw's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow